Talking Romance and Writing with Emma Scott–Episode 129–March 13 2017
On episode 116 of the WRITER 2.0 Podcast I spoke with prolific romance author Emma Scott. We talked about:
- the new Star Wars movie, Rogue One;
- romance story structure and how it compares with other genres;
- the hardest scene she ever had to write;
- her advice for writers just starting out;
- the pros and cons of Kindle Unlimited.
Emma Scott is a writer, marathon runner, and caffeine addict, who lives and writes in the California Bay Area. She has two smart, feisty little girls, a super-supportive husband, and is a demonstrated fan of the Oxford comma. She is also an unabashed Star Wars geek and comic book enthusiast who fell into romance novels when a writing contest prompt turned a 1000-word romantic story into a full-blown novel. She also writes epic fantasy that suffers an epic word count. She hopes you enjoy her work, encourages readers to leave feedback, and thinks it’s amusing to write about herself in the third person. And if she has a driving force that fuels her work, it’s that love always wins.