Episode 100 of the WRITER 2.0 Podcast is all about audio books. First, I spend a few minutes talking about trends in the audio book industry and outlining the ACX program, the Amazon/Audible platform that allows indie authors to produce audio books. Next, I speak with actor Jeff Hays, who is focusing on audio books and narrated the upcoming audio version on my book, The Anonymous Source.
I speak with Jeff about:
- how he got started doing audio books;
- the process he goes through when creating one;
- straight reads vs. more heavily “acted” or “produced” audio books;
- how the financial model of ACX works for him;
- the one series he’d most like to narrate.
Plus, we hear clips from two of his projects.
You can find Jeff Hays here:
Audio Samples: https://soundcloud.com/jeff-hays