On Episode 54 of the WRITER 2.0 Podcast I spoke with poet, author, and writing teacher H.M. Jones. We discussed:
- common misconceptions about modern tribal life;
- her recently republished novel, MONOCHROME;
- Worldcon—the biggest sci-fi and fantasy convention in the world;
- her tattoo love for L.O.T.R. and Harry Potter;
- the process of building a fantasy world;
- the #1 thing NOT to do when marketing a book.
Plus, we hatch a plan to be each others assistants. And on “Today in Writing,” Benjamin Banekker writes to Thomas Jefferson.
About our guest:
H.M. Jones is the B.R.A.G Medallion author of Monochrome, just picked up by Gravity, an imprint of Booktrope. She is also responsible for the Attempting to Define poetry quartet and has contributed a short story to Master’s of Time: A Sci-Fi and Fantasy Time Travel Anthology, due to be released July 2015. A bestseller only in her mind, Jones pays the electric bill by teaching English and research courses at Northwest Indian College. Jones is also the moderator for Elite Indie Reads, a review website for Indie and Self published books.
Find here here.