On episode 52 of the WRITER 2.0 Podcast, I spoke with literary agent and author Chip MacGregor. We discussed:
- how to avoid getting scammed by predatory agents and editors;
- why neither of us became sportswriters;
- how the roll of the agent has changed in the last 10 years;
- the basic financial model of literary agents;
- the worst pitch he ever got (it involved a urinal);
- a fortuitous moment at a literary conference;
- some reasons writers get rejected by agents (other than “your writing stinks”)
- why chasing publishing trends doesn’t work.
We also touch on two of his books:
About our guest:
Chip McGregor of MacGregor Literary is a literary agent, author, and speaker at conferences all over the county.