I am available to speak at writing conferences, libraries, or private functions.
For a list of my upcoming classes, click here.
Some of the topics I can speak about :
1. The Five Stages of Editing
In this workshop, we explore the five stages of editing:
- Relaxing–Taking time off from your work
- Reading–Bringing fresh eyes to the work and making a revision plan
- Restructuring–Looking at story, plot, character, and themes (in fiction), and organization, logic, and arguments (in non-fiction)
- Rewriting–Editing line by line for flow and readability
- Refining–Checking facts, proofreading, examining word choice
2. One Year, One Book: From Concept to Finished Book in Twelve Months
In this workshop, we explore ways to:
- Make time to write in the midst of your busy life
- Balance “inspiration” and “perspiration” Stick with your writing when it gets tough
- Work through procrastination and the inner critic
- Plan and track your work so you can write your book this year
If would like to inquire about having me speak at your event, contact me through this form.