- This event has passed.
Write Faster. Write Better. Have more fun!
February 20, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Many aspiring writers study the craft, but not the process of writing. Though advice is easy to come by—”write every day” or “don’t listen to the inner critic”—most have a hard time actually living these lessons. Many talented writers are stifled by unexamined assumptions and unhealthy habits that decrease efficiency, limit creativity, and bleed the joy out of writing. In this class, we will:
• Explore how to fit writing into a busy family and work life
• Discuss how to balance inspiration and perspiration in a writing project
• List the five forms of procrastination and how to work with them
• Explain how the “inner critic” keeps us from writing the books we really want to write
• Demonstrate how an understanding of the revision process can free the creative mind
• Explore how meditation can increase writing productivity and creativity
• List dozens of tools, apps, and “life-hacks” that improve the life of the modern writer