On episode 90 of the WRITER 2.0 Podcast I spoke with paranormal author Leta Hawk about:
- why she published under a pen name, and how she chose it;
- her first encounter with a ghost and how it changed her perspective;
- the first two novels in the Kyrie Carter ghost hunting series;
- the challenges of writing a series;
- her struggle with undiagnosed Lyme disease.
Leta Hawk has been fascinated with the paranormal since her first encounter with a ghost at four years of age. A writer since high school, she has written in various genres, including poetry, children’s stories, puppet skits, and novels.
She has two novels out: The Newbie and School Spirits, which are books 1 and 2 of the Kyrie Carter Paranormal Mystery series.
She currently lives in Dillsburg, Pennsylvania with her husband, two sons, and a dog (but no ghosts). When she isn’t writing, she serves as a Scout leader, Sunday school teacher, and tries to keep up with her sons’ busy schedules.