On episode 45 of the WRITER 2.0 Podcast I spoke with paranormal thriller author—and self-proclaimed geek—Camela Thompson. We discussed:
- the history of video games;
- whether writers will start to migrate toward the profitable world of gaming;
- the Street Fighter II character she loves most;
- the illness that led her to write a novel in a week;
- All the Pretty Bones and Blood, Spirit & Bone, the first two books of The Hunted series;
- the worst surprise that hit after her first book was published;
- marketing for introverts, including discovering your tagline and you niche;
- how to transition from writing a book to thinking about it as a product;
- an innovative way to work with beta readers.
Plus, on Today in Writing: Moneyball, by Michael Lewis.
About our guest:
Camela Thompson lives with her incredibly supportive husband and strange dog in Seattle, the city where cloud cover and shadows rule. How else is a girl supposed to keep her luminescent (perfectly pasty) complexion? The rain also provides the perfect scapegoat for hiding inside with a laptop, her dog, and a hot cup of tea. Excuses for reclusive behavior get considerably more creative during the summer (she may or may not have a mild sun allergy). Blood, Spirit, and Bone is the second novel in The Hunted series. All the Pretty Bones was her debut novel and the first in The Hunted series. Visit her at: www.CamelaThompson.com