On episode 101 of the WRITER 2.0 Podcast I spoke with romance author A.M. Willard. We discussed:
- why she didn’t tell anyone when her first book came out;
- the diversity of the romance genre;
- her latest book, Hearts in Florence;
- whether it’s better to publish one long book or three short, interconnected books;
- marketing a book as romantic suspense vs. suspense with some romantic elements;
- DIY book trailers;
- having your kids read your books.
A.M. Willard is a true believer of soul mates, and happy ever afters. She enjoys reading, sailing, and of course writing contemporary romance with some saucy scenes. Releasing her first novella of the One Night Series on April 12, 2014 has sent her on a new journey in life. A.M.’s passion for writing started at a young age, but with the love and support from her husband of eighteen years pushed her to follow her dreams. Once she hit that first publish button, she hasn’t looked back.
Publications available from A.M. Willard include the Chances Series, Love on the Screen, and everyone’s favorite, the One Night Series. She’s also had an article published in the Writer’s Monthly Review Magazine and was just accepted into the Romance Writers of America organization in May of 2015.
A.M. Willard was born and raised in the Panhandle of Florida, but resides in Savannah GA with her husband, son, two cats, one rotten dog, and her six chickens. Yes, we said chickens…