On episode 121 of the WRITER 2.0 Podcast I spoke with Robert Pruneda. We discussed:
- his suspense-horror novel, DEVIL’S NIGHTMARE (which is free on Amazon until January 11, 2017);
- advice for authors trying to finish their first book;
- whether social media works to sell books;
- his experience working with hybrid publisher, Booktrope;
- Bookbub promotions and why they’re great for indie authors.
About our guest:
Robert “Sharky” Pruneda is a native Texan, video game “enthusiast” [addict], and fan of all things horror. He left a career in the newspaper industry in 2011 to pursue the life of a nocturnal author, brainstorming new and creative ways to creep out his readers. He doesn’t only write horror though. He also pens the occasional family-oriented tale just to keep from going completely nuts with all those creatures of the night whispering in his ears. When he’s not pulling ideas out of his twisted brain, you’ll likely find him on social media or fighting alongside his fellow gaming buddies where they all get shot up into Swiss cheese (or turned into little bite-sized chunks because of “Sharky’s” obsession with explosives). Medic!