On episode 96 of the WRITER 2.0 Podcast I spoke with author and meditation teacher Ann Purcell. We discussed:
- how meditation can decrease anxiety and help writers focus;
- how athletes, writers, and others can get in “the zone” more frequently;
- her latest book: The Transcendental Meditation Technique and The Journey of Enlightenment;
- why we don’t always do the things that we know are good for us;
- connecting the big themes of a book with the sentence by sentence construction.
Plus, on “Today in Writing,” Grimm’s Fairy Tales.
About Our Guest:
Ann Purcell has been a full-time teacher of Transcendental Meditation since 1973, teaching Transcendental Meditation and advanced courses in many countries around the world. In addition, she has worked on curricula and course development for universities and continuing education programs. She has a B.SCI (Bachelor of the Science of Creative Intelligence) and an M.SCI from Maharishi European Research University, Seelisberg, Switzerland. She received a PhD in Supreme Political Science from Maharishi University of World Peace, Vlodrop, Netherlands. She regularly writes for the Huffington Post.