On episode 112 of the WRITER 2.0 Podcast I spoke with award-winning sci-fi author James R. Wells. We discussed:
- what “caving” is and how to get started;
- his path to publication;
- his debut novel, THE GREAT SYMMETRY;
- pros and cons of traditional and self-publishing;
- creating a cover for a self-published book;
- what we liked about THE MARTIAN;
- 3 books, 2 people, and 1 life change that impacted his writing career.
Plus, on “Today in Writing,” happy birthday to James Baldwin.
About our guest:
James R. Wells writes about the intersection of humans and the natural world. A life-long caver and outdoor adventurer, he has explored and mapped new passages in many of North America’s great caves. When not writing or with family, James can be found in a cave, on a mountain, or anywhere else outside.
James is the great-grandson of pioneering science fiction author H.G. Wells.